We may call it rouge, but there are far less red-hued blushes on the marketplace, though luckily, we have some and many of the permanent ones are fantastic. Here are three warmer and three cooler takes on red blush. When working with deeper or more richly pigmented shades, my best tip is to use a fan brush, which will allow you to build up the color and intensity slowly and easily. Also, it’s nice to have a buffing brush on hand, or if you use liquid foundation, use the residual product left on the brush to tamp down over-applied blush.
- Clinique Cola Pop — A Warm Red with a Luminous finish.
- NARS Taos — A Warm Red with a Pearl finish.
- Kevyn Aucoin Fira — A Warm Orange with a Satin finish.
- Surratt Beauty Rougeur — A Cool Red with a Satin finish.
- MAC Frankly Scarlet — A Warm Red with a Semi-Matte finish.
- Urban Decay Quiver — A Cool Red with a Satin finish.
See side-by-side swatches!