This is a very quick post, because I’m in between classes, and I can’t get over how lovely the Beiges de Chanel quad is. The quad comes from Chanel’s Holiday 2008 offerings, which are lovely in their own right, but this is the only item I’ve been able to see and play with in person. I did a super fast look using the quad before I jetted off to class–seriously, five minutes or less–and I was so pleased with the results! The colors are so soft and smooth, and they’re incredibly flattering. They blend seamlessly with each other! I even take back what I said about the “highlight” color — it might swatch chalky, but it softens like a dream when actually used. So truly, I urge you all to visit your local Chanel counter for a look-see and swatch-a-roo when it’s fully released! (It’s been popping up in some areas, but not all.)
Chanel’s Holiday 2008 collection includes Beiges de Chanel, which is a great quad of soft, warm tones. It’s perfect for subtle holiday eyes, as well as more dramatic combinations (by using the dark brown with gold shimmer color). The colors were silky smooth and had good pay off. The only one with a chalkier texture was the “highlighter” color, and for that purpose, the texture works out. I really love the bottom left color – it is just this gorgeous muted golden tan color. This is such a classic quad well-suited for the holiday season.
See swatches… Continue reading →
Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara ($28.00) recently debuted as part of their winter launch (Smoky Eyes).
Let me first say that it is important to master the correct application technique. Chanel has set-up a special website devoted to their newest mascara, which I did find helpful. But to summarize, you apply by twirling the wand and then pulling upwards to the tips of your lashes. It’s not the wiggle method! So Chanel has done a pretty good job of creating buzz and hype and anticipation over this mascara because samples were made via Allure’s beauty program (I’m not part of it, so I don’t know anything about it, other than a ton of Allure readers got samples of this mascara!). Overall response has been raves–the point of contention being the price.
Let me tell you about the pros, the cons… Continue reading →
A new romantic beauty reveals itself this holiday season amidst a wealth of gently shimmering shades. Eyes are positively heart-melting, accented with soft, warm tones of chocolate brown and beige, while lips glisten with a dark glimmering richness. Keeping it all in balance: a subtle, natural, candlelit glow on cheeks. The effect is nothing less than enchanting.
Get details! Continue reading →
I thought I would share these fabulous photos of the upcoming fall 2008 Chanel collection! You know, like you needed more makeup stimulus for today.
Continue reading →
CHANEL FOR FALL 2008 — Available July 2008
FACETTES D’OR HIGHLIGHTER — GOLD FEVER
This sheer whisper of finely milled golden powder brings a delicate sheer glow to the complexion, gently illuminating the curve of the cheek or bringing subtle allover radiance to the face.
FACETTES D’OR NAIL COLOUR — GOLD FICTION
A flash of colour — the look of 18-karat gold — delivers a precious new way for nails to shine this fall. With unique pigments and the finest sparkles, a brilliant golden lacquer extends the luxurious effects of this chic shade right down to the fingertips.
- Rouge Hydrabase Creme Lipstick in: Simply Pink (a coral pink), Fantastic Plum (a deep purple), and Great Copper (a flattering bronze)
- Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in: Enthusiast (a rich coral red)
- Aqualumiere Sheer Colour Lipshine SPF 15 in: Formentera (a beige rose), Papeete (a sheer cranberry)
- Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in: Amberlight (a glossy bronze), Delight (a sheer lilac), Gold Light (a shimmery gold)
- Le Crayon Levres Precision Lip Definer in: Pretty Pink (a flattering pink)
- Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow in Reflects d’Obre (a sensuous palette of coffee, ivory, dark green, and gold shadows)
- Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadows in: Le Bronze (a metallic brown) and Bois Bleu (a dark teal)
- Irreelle Duo Silky Eyeshadow Duo in: Cristal-Dusk (contains a flattering combination of white and brown)
- Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer in: Denim (a grey blue)
- Joues Contraste Powder Blush in: Rose Dust (a rose plum shade)
- Poudre Douce in: Almond (a subtly radiant beige)
- Le Vernis Nail Colour in: Kaleidoscope (a shiny green-gold), Fantastic (a deep wine)
See more photos… Continue reading →