Along with Glossimers, Chanel released two shades of Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00 each) with their Les Naturels de Chanel collection. As you can guess, the collection was designed to be wearable and natural, and Chanel delivered well on both.
Rouge Allure Lipsticks
- Naive is a soft, sheer layering of subdued pink with a little mauve in it. It goes on very my-lips-but-better. It is slightly creamy, though not opaque nor overly so. It has just the lightest dusting of golden shimmer that’s extremely subtle (more so than Glossimers). Looking back at the swatches now, it’s reminiscent of Urban Decay’s Naked lipstick, just not as shimmery.
- Curious is a soft, sheer brown-based nude with subtle golden shimmer that’s just as slight as Naive. Both of these have finishes that look more like a soft sheen than glossy, shimmery, or frosty.
See swatches and lip swatches… Continue reading →
Waterlily, Unity, Bel Air
Though “old” news now, Chanel’s Les Naturels de Chanel was a brief reprieve from the transition from summer to fall collections as it debuted in June. I thought I’d share the Glossimers ($27.00 each), just because who doesn’t like to peep out Chanel?
- Waterlily is a soft, shimmering pink with a bit of beige to it. The shimmer is a mix of peach and gold, and it transfers well to lips. There’s not a lot of color, but there is plenty of sparkle going on!
- Unity is a bronzy shimmering gloss with multicolored shimmer in a sheer, brownish-peach base. This one was the most pigmented of the three when I applied them to my lips.
- Bel Air is a semi-sheer, creamy mellowed out pink. It goes on slickly, makes lips look luscious and plump. I did get decent color out of this shade, despite it seeming like it would end up being pretty sheer. Instead, my lips looked like a nice, neutral shade of pink with an ultra glossy finish.
Of the three, Waterlily was my favorite, just because I love me some shimmering goodness, and if it’s gold shimmer, I’m probably already half-way in love.
See swatches and lip swatches… Continue reading →
Chanel Venice Collection for Fall 2009
As a city built on water, Venice was a source of great intrigue for Gabrielle Chanel. She saw it as simultaneously dramatic and fragile – qualities she herself possessed. With the imagination of the CHANEL Makeup Studio, Venice comes to life in a palette reflective of the city’s shimmering facades and mosaics, and the sparkling aquatic colours of its lagoons. As seen in the runway looks created by Peter Philips, Global Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup, at the 2009/10 Cruise Collection show, held on the beaches of Venice, Italy, rich sienna and deep rose tones, and dusky greys and greens combine for a modern look that can be softened for day or emboldened come evening.
Eye Gloss ($65.00) (Limited Edition)
- Luminous cream quadra eyeshadow in pearl, gold, black, red-black
Les 4 Ombres / Quadra Eyeshadow ($56.00)
- Murano Moss, pink, seafoam, green shimmer
Irreelle Duo / Silky Eyeshadow Duo ($40.00)
Poudre Douce / Soft Pressed Powder ($50.00)
Jouse Contraste / Powder Blush ($42.00)
Les Tissages de Chanel / Blush Duo Tweed Effect ($45.00)
- Tweed Sienna Earthy Bronze
Rouge Allure / Luminous Satin Lip Colour ($30.00)
- Instinctive Pink nude
- Comedia Rose
- Intuitive Pink brown
- Amusing Rosewood
- Captive Brown
- Clandestine Brick
Levres Scintillantes / Glossimer ($27.00)
- Arlequin Gold
- Courtisane Pink
Le Vernis / Nail Colour ($23.00)
- Intermezzo White pearl
- Gondola Maroon shimmer
Le Crayon Levres / Precision Lip Definer ($28.00)
Le Crayon Sourcils / Precision Brow Definer ($28.00)
- Blond Clair Blonde
- Cendre Noir Black
Availability: July 2009 at CHANEL boutiques, department and specialty stores, and on Chanel.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Chanel Les Noirs Collection for Fall 2009 Preview
- Acqua Alta (780) Irrelle Duo
- Murano (160) Les 4 Ombres
- Fresque (580) Joues Contraste
- Peche Caresse (380) Douce
- Tweed Sienna (350) Les Tissages
- Rouge Allures in Clandestine (730), Comedia (740), Amusing (750), Captive (760), Inuitive (770), Instinctive (780)
- Le Vernis in Gondola (499), Intermezzo (501)
Availability: August 2009
See more photos! Continue reading →
Chanel Lumiere Celestes Collection lip swatches as promised! Continue reading →
Venus, Silex, Meteore, Cosmo, Mica, Jupiter
Chanel Lumiere Celestes Collection featured the launch of eight new Glossimers ($26.00 each). I could only get my paws on six of the eight, but I’m loving the ones I do have! (The ones I didn’t get to see/try were Nebula #122 or Mirage #132, FYI — hopefully they’ll be out at Nordstrom today!) Chanel also released two lacquers in Mica Rose and Cosmic Violine. Lip swatches to follow!
- Venus (124) is a pop of bright, shimmery pink with pink and gold shimmer. It’s fairly sheer when applied to lips, but the gold shimmer really pops.
- Silex (126) is a sheer, lightly coral-toned gloss with noticeable peach and gold shimmer. Again, it is sheer when applied to lips (this is, ultimately, the nature of most glossimers!).
- Meteore (128) is similar to Silex, only the shimmer is a bit more muted and there is faint light pink glitter and less noticeable gold/peach shimmer.
- Cosmo (129) is an opaque, glossy coral with reddish tones shade. It has silvery-white glitter that sparkles in it. This is one of the more pigmented glossimers from the launch. In the tube, it looks more like a browned-down coral with red and silver shimmer.
- Mica (131) is a sheer, glossy mix of opal and purple shimmer with a milky pink color base. It is sheer, but it does noticeably make my lips a milky pink shade.
- Jupiter (134) is an opaque, glossy reddish-pink shade with just a touch of coral in it. The shimmer is a fuchsia-pink almost, just a touch of gold shimmer to accent.
See swatches and more product photos! Continue reading →