Chanel Summer 2012 Makeup Collection
As longer days and warm, breezy nights herald the start of Summer, Chanel embraces the season and all the vibrant makeup hues it inspires. In the Summer 2012 Collection, SUMMERTIME DE CHANEL, Peter Philips, Creative Director of Chanel Makeup, replicates the natural glow of sunbathed skin with luminous bronze, gold and copper tones. Playing up a radiant complexion: season-perfect lip shades, from fresh pastels to bright corals.
Soleil Tan de Chanel / Luminous Bronzing Powder ($60.00) (Limited Edition)
Two bronzers — each comprised of seven unique shades, including a luminous gold — lend subtle hints of warmth and shimmer to every complexion. A soft peach palette brings a fresh glow to lighter skin, while a deeper pink harmony lends radiance to darker tones. Blended together, the shades create a seamless bronzing effect; used on their own, the gold powders illuminate the complexion, while the darker shades sculpt the face when gently swept along its natural contours.
- Sable Beige Golden beige (Limited Edition)
- Sable Rose Golden pink (Limited Edition)
Ombres Contraste Duo / Eyeshadow Duo ($42.00)
- Sable-Emouvant Beige and brown (Limited Edition)
Le Crayon Khol / Intense Eye Pencil ($28.00)
- Peche Cuivre Coppery peach (Limited Edition)
Le Crayon Yeux / Precision Eye Definer ($29.00)
- Brun Intense Deep brown (Limited Edition)
Rouge Coco Shine / Hydrating Sheer Lipshine ($32.00)
- Empreinte Soft beige (Limited Edition)
- En Vogue Bright coral (Limited Edition)
Levres Scintillantes / Glossimer ($28.50)
- Sirocco Beige (Limited Edition)
- Calypso Coral (Limited Edition)
Le Vernis / Nail Colour ($25.00)
- Island Golden beige (Limited Edition)
- Delight Bronze (Limited Edition)
- Holiday Bright coral (Limited Edition)
availability: May 2012, but I saw it already online at Chanel
See more photos!
Beautiful Beginnings with Chanel
What was the first Chanel product you ever tried? Did it pave way for a real romance or did it put you off the brand entirely? What was the first Chanel product you purchased? Did you love it? Hate it? Still own it?
my answer: The very first Chanel products I ever tried and purchased were their Glossimers. It took me many, many wears before I got the appeal of Glossimers, but eventually I did. Chanel and I have a hit and miss relationship; sometimes I’m really unimpressed and other times I’m really in love.
Share your first time experiences with Chanel in the comments!
5 Beautiful Coral-Orange Blushes
This post is a follow-up to last week’s on coral-pink blushes. These are all warmer, with more orange/peach than pink.
- Tarte Blissful — vibrant coral-orange
- Tom Ford Lovelust — shimmering peachy coral
- Le Metier de Beaute Echo — rich coral-orange with a golden shimmer-sheen and a hint of underlying pink
- Chanel Tweed Brun Rose — medium-dark coral-orange
- Make Up For Ever #153 — coral-orange with golden shimmer/sheen