5 Soft Pink Blushes to Try
Originally, I was going to pick five favorite pink blushes, but pink is such a popular blush hue that I thought it would be better to split it into two separate posts: one for softer, subtler pinks (think light to medium) and a second one for bolder, more fuchsia-like pinks. Thanks to reader Sirinthorn for today’s topic! These are designed to be truer pinks, but it’s on my list of posts-to-do for more of a neutral-pink-beige blush roundup
- Bobbi Brown Nude Pink — blue-based light-medium pink
- Burberry Peony — soft pink with yellow undertones
- Chanel Pink Explosion — subtly cool-toned light-medium pink
- NARS Gaiety — really cool-toned pink
- MAC So Sweet, So Easy — pale pink
What’s your favorite soft pink blush?
5 Pretty in Peach Blushes
Peach can be a really wearable color that can look natural on any skin tone. Cooler complexions will find that peach-hued blushes can help mitigate any natural redness on the cheeks without emphasizing it like a pink blush might. Warmer complexions are easily freshened up with a pop of peach on the cheeks. Reader Sirinthorn wanted to see what my five picks would be for peach blushes, and here they are:
- Chanel Espiegle— peach-orange with a satiny sheen
- MAC Peaches — classic peach with subtle brown undertones
- Make Up For Ever #14 — soft peach
- NARS Sex Appeal — pale peach
- MAC Melba — dirty peach-brown with a matte finish
What’s your favorite peach blush?
Chanel Las Vegas de Chanel Collection
A city arises from the middle of nowhere in a feverish vision, like a mirage. Under the azure blue of a cloudless sky, Las Vegas keeps the desert dust at bay in the hypnotic ballet of neon lights. Along the Strip, the luxury hotels and casinos set the scene for a modern fairytale in which all dreams are possible. Amongst them stands the Bellagio Hotel. Its sumptuous gallery will welcome an entirely remodeled CHANEL boutique in earlier this year. An elegant stopover in a modern-day treasure hunt.
Peter Philips, Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup, creates a gold-plated collection and strews stardust over polyester dreams. The iconic gold of CHANEL elegance slips into every texture. A silky powder on the skin, sunny lacquer on the nails or a sheer whisper on the lips, it highlights a radiant face that’s on a lucky streak.
The Exclusive Creation of the collection concentrates the entire spirit of Las Vegas in its traditional square case. Lined up in rows, four shades of sand and bronze sweep through every variation of a fabulous desert in which gold embraces the sun and shines. On the surface of the colours, an embossed star design seems to extend a warm welcome to the city of dreams. For an illuminating makeover, a beveled brush is ideal for choosing and blending shades, sweeping lightly over the cheekbones, face or eyelids.
- Lucky Stripes Irridescent Powder for Eyes & Cheeks ($95.00) Shades of sand and bronze
- Brilliant Rouge Coco Shine ($32.50) Sheer gold
- Vegas Gold Precision Lip Definer ($29.00) Gold
- Gold Fingers Le Vernis ($28.00) Semi-sheer gold
availability: The Exclusive Creation Las Vegas de Chanel products are available now at the CHANEL Bellagio Hotel and Wynn Hotel boutiques, chanel.com. Please call 1.800.550.0005 for availability.
See more photos! Continue reading “Chanel Las Vegas de Chanel Collection”
5 Pretty in Pink and Red Lipglosses for Valentine’s Day
In case you’re not into lipsticks, or maybe you like to mix, here are five of my favorites that would make for a perfect lip for Valentine’s Day!
- MAC Driven by Love — ruby red with ruby shimmer
- Chanel Trimphal — pinky-red with lighter pink and red shimmer
- Illamasqua Indulge — bright, yellow-toned pink
- Milani Photo Flash — glittery, glitzy pink-red
- Hourglass Siren — metallic orange-red