Cargo Lumieres du Monde Palette
Quick Review: Cargo Lumieres du Monde Palette
Cargo Lights of the World Palette ($29.00 for 1.165 oz.) is a surprisingly well-made palette that is comprised of mostly eyeshadows (eight, in fact) along with a blush/bronzer in the center. If you love brighter, more colorful shades, I think this is a palette worth considering this holiday season. The pigmentation of nearly all the shades was really nice, as were the textures–soft, smooth, and not powdery. Even the matte shades were quite nice!
- A is a teal blue with subtle green micro-shimmer and a frosted sheen. It is very nicely pigmented and smooth.
- B is a paled yellow gold with a high frost shimmer and sheen. It’s frostier than both A and D, and it’s smooth and pigmented.
- C is a medium blue with a frosted sheen. It’s decently pigmented, but it could use a little more oomph.
- D is an olive green with a khaki gold shimmer-sheen. It has more of a frost finish, and it is nicely pigmented (could be a little more intense, though).
- E is a warm, medium pink with yellow undertones and a satin finish.
- F is a softened peach orange with a strong, yellowed gold sheen. When mixed with E, it becomes a lightened peach-orange.
- G is a darkened lavender with a soft pearled, frost sheen. It has nice pigmentation and goes on smoothly.
- H is a pure white with a matte finish. It’s very creamy, smooth, and pigmented.
- I is a cool-toned peached brown with a matte finish. It has a lovely smooth texture and nice color pay off.
- J is a slightly cool-toned medium-dark brown with a pearly finish. It’s decently pigmented though on the sheerer side.
Welcome to Swatch-all-idays! To start 2011 off on the right foot (or post, as it may be!), Temptalia is going through a backlog of products we have photographed, swatched, and often tested but in a slightly different manner. Quick reviews may be partially incomplete, such as a blush may only be swatched on the arm rather than shown on the face. It is our hope that what we are able to provide is still helpful!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 10/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
FINAL THOUGHTS: At $29 and with plenty of each shade, it’s an excellent buy for a multi-colored palette that actually holds quality eyeshadows.
WHERE TO BUY: ULTA
Cargo for Holiday 2010
Be the “belle of the ball” this season with CARGO’s latest holiday products. Whether you’re treating yourself to travel-sized selections of CARGO essentials – or gifting the make-up junkie on your list with glamorous goodies – CARGO has your color!
Lumières du Monde ($29.00)
This gorgeous holiday palette, meaning “lights of the world”, with original artwork contains eight professional-quality eye shadows and a blush/bronzer duo for an alluring holiday glow. With a retail value of $156 this kit will outlast the wintery weather and take you – or your Secret Santa – well into spring. A collection of matte and shimmering shadows offers an endless number of color combinations for any occasion, day or night. Shades include:
- Eye Shadow in Deep Teal Green
- Eye Shadow in Sparkling Bronze
- Eye Shadow in Periwinkle Purple
- Eye Shadow in Sparkling Electric Blue
- Eye Shadow in Sparkling Brown
- Eye Shadow in Matte Beige
- Eye Shadow in Matte Warm Grey
- Eye Shadow in Glittery Gold
- Blush in Rome paired with Medium Bronzer
Availability: October 2010
The Scarlet Season: Cargo Cherry Bliss Lipstick
CARGO PlantLove Cherry Bliss Lipstick ($20.00 for 0.14 oz.) is an earth-friendly lipstick (tube is made out of corn) that also does good, too. For their celeb-designed lipsticks, $2 from the purchase price goes to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research. Even the box it comes with can be planted and you’ll see some nice flowers grow. Cherry Bliss was designed by celebrity Kim Raver, and it is a glossy, opaque cherry red. It’s a bright pop of red with a really glossy finish (but no real shimmer). The formula itself is creamy and moisturizing while it wears really well (about five to six hours).
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
See more swatches and comparison photos… Continue reading →
Presenting the CARGO Holiday 2007 Collection Indulge Yourself and Others This Holiday Season
In keeping with tradition, CARGO’s 2007 Holiday Collection is inspired by best sellers of seasons past with an added fun and festive spin. This collection offers an incredible value gift set and gifts that give back. The collection is both playful and functional with offerings that encourage women to indulge themselves and, in the sprit of the season, help others. No matter what you are celebrating this holiday season, CARGOS 2007 Holiday Collection will help get you in the gift-giving mood.
Limited Edition GlossyGreetings Cards – Boxed set of 5 cards – $10
Limited Edition GlossyGreetings Tags – Set of 5 tags – $7.50
CARGO is donating 100% of profits from the sale of GlossyGreetings Cards and Tags to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Continue reading →
Presenting the CARGO 2007 Fall Color Collection
This fall, go au naturale with the Fall 2007 Collection from CARGO. Complete with earthy shades ranging from bronzes and browns to greens and blues, these brand new additions to the CARGO collection make selecting makeup to match your new fall wardrobe a breeze.
The Fall 2007 Collection includes:
New Bronzing Kit ($35 US): How do you make your summer glow last well into fall? With the brand new Bronzing Kit from CARGO! The gorgeous bronze tin houses CARGO’s cult-favorite Bronzing Powder in Medium, a brand new EyeBronzer which is exclusively available in this Bronzing Kit, PurseGloss in Baja and a matching mini kabuki Bronzing Brush. Eyes, lips and cheeks look naturally bronzed in a cinch with the new Bronzing Kit from CARGO.
Continue reading →