- Muse Beauty — Buy any 2 Viseart eyeshadow palettes for $128 (plus get three Esum eyeshadow brushes), ends 8/21.
- Neiman Marcus — Get up to a $300 gift card with your select purchase of $500+ (beauty/fragrance included) with code NMAUG, ends 8/22.
- Ulta — Platinum Appreciation Day -- 10X points on select brands/products plus 5X points on everything else through this link, starts 8/21 and ends 8/21.
BUXOM Customizable Eyeshadow Bar Palette
BUXOM Eyeshadow Bar is a customizable palette system that consists of single and six-slotted palettes with 40 eyeshadows that can be inserted. I created two palettes–one brighter shades, one more neutral shades–so I can get a good feel for the range and its quality. When you purchase the six-pan palette and six eyeshadows, the total price is $40, but you can only get the discount once per order (I had to place two separate orders). Each eyeshadow pan is housed in a slim plastic container that pops into the larger palette, and they snap in and out quite easily. Full reviews to come once I finish testing these!
See more photos & swatches!
Buxom Eyeshadow Bar
Eyeshadow Bar Single Eyeshadow ($12.00 or $40.00 for 6) (New, Permanent)
Featuring primer-infused technology to help keep color locked in place, this Single Eyeshadow Refill has a powerfully-pigmented formula that glides onto lids—delivering intense payoff with an ultra-luxe, powder-to-silk feel. And with finishes ranging from plush matte to shimmering metallic to sparkle and duo-chrome, each shade offers eye-catching possibilities. Explore this spectrum of 40 eyeshadow shades to endlessly mix and match. Simply choose to customize a refillable six-shade palette with our Empty Customizable Eyeshadow Palette, or store a shade in our Empty Single Eyeshadow Compact. $12.00 individually or $40 for 6.
Follow these steps to customize your palette: STEP 1: Choose it. Add the Customizable Eyeshadow Bar Palette to your basket. STEP 2: Customize it. Add six Buxom Eyeshadow Bar Eyeshadows to your basket. STEP 3: Get a deal. Discount will be applied at checkout. Your final palette will be $40 ($85 value). (I tested: add a 6-pan palette, then add the five eyeshadows of your choice, it’ll take $60 off your order total. It is easier if you start on their Eyeshadow Bar main page.)
- It Crowd Burnt orange
- Glitz Factor Golden peachy pink
- Famous Flirt Pastel peach
- Mix & Mingle Pastel yellow
- Posh Purple Vibrant blue purple
- VIP Vibrant pinky purple
- Wild Nights Mid-tone pinky violet
- Party Girl Hot pink
- Lacy Chic Pastel cornflower blue
- Schmooze Turquoise
- Luxe Life Periwinkle blue
- Backstage Pass Jewel-toned blue
- Pre-nup Emerald green
- Room Service Pastel mint green
- No Faux Flashy green brown
- La-La-Lavish Flashy lavender
- LBD Jet black
- Cool Caviar Gunmetal gray
- Patent Leather Sparkling midnight purple
- Jetsetter Mid-tone gray
- Pure Platinum Silver
- Designer or Die-Muted Muted putty green
- Silk Sheets Pale cool beige
- Diamond Darling White shimmer
- Mink Magnet Glistening taupe
- Style Icon Cool mid-tone beige
- Gimme Gorgeous Nude brown
- Champagne Buzz Beige pink champagne
- Spoiled Sexy Mid-tone plum brown
- Bold Bling Rose gold
- Lingerie Lover Muted rosy nude
- Feather Boa Pastel pink
- Haute Couture Deep cool brown
- Big Spender Chocolate brown
- Filthy Rich Chestnut reddish brown
- Star Treatment Mid-tone warm brown
- Kt Stilettos Antique yellow gold
- Invite Only Muted peachy brown
- Gold Status Warm gold
- Satin Seduction Pale warm beige
Eyeshadow Bar Single Compacts (New, Permanent)
- Single Eyeshadow Bar Compact ($2.00)
- 6-Pan Eyeshadow Bar Compact ($13.00)
Dolly’s Wild Side Eyeshadow Palette ($40.00) (Limited Edition)
Let eye looks take a walk on the wild side with this limited-edition palette. Featuring six ultra-luxe eye shadows that range from shimmering pearl to metallic bronze hues, this palette’s primer-infused technology locks color in place. Its powerfully-pigmented formula glides onto lids with a powder-to-silk texture that creates a luxe eye makeup feel.
- Silk Sheets Chai luster
- Champagne Buzz Shimmering pearl
- Lingerie Lover Matte mauve
- Mink Magnet Metallic bronze
- Spoiled Sexy Matte deep mauve
- Wild Nights Shimmering sugar plum
May Contain Nudity Eyeshadow Palette ($40.00) (Limited Edition)
Show off flattering eye looks with this limited-edition eye shadow palette. Featuring six, ultra-luxe, nude eye shadows that range from bisque luster to metallic taupe hues, this palette’s primer-infused technology helps to lock color in place. The powerfully-pigmented formula glides onto lids with a powder-to-silk texture that creates a luxe eye makeup feel.
- Satin Seduction Bisque luster
- Gimme Gorgeous Matte camel
- Gold Status Metallic brass
- Big Spender Matte sable
- Haute Couture Metallic java
- Style Icon Metallic taupe
Pastel Persuasion Eyeshadow Palette ($40.00) (Limited Edition)
This limited-edition eye shadow palette features six ultra-luxe eye shadows. From matte pastel pink to iridescent mint hues, this palette’s primer-infused technology helps to lock color in place. The powerfully-pigmented formula glides onto lids with a powder-to-silk texture that creates a luxe eye makeup feel.
- Feather Boa Matte pastel pink
- Famous Flirt Matte pastel peach
- Mix & Mingle Matte vanilla
- Room Service Iridescent mint
- Lacy Chic Matte sky
- Jetsetter Matte greige
Availability: Exclusively at Sephora
See more photos!
I love a good holiday-themed top five, so it seemed only right to share with you five of my favorite high-end red lipsticks this Valentine’s Day!
- Bite Beauty Fraise — a brightened, but not too bold, red with a matte finish
- Estee Lauder Vengeful Red — a bold, bright red with a satin finish
- Guerlain Greta — a rich ruby red
- Guerlain Garcone — a deepened red with a luminous finish
- Buxom Scoundrel — a bright, blue-based red
Buxom Winner Takes All Lip Set
Buxom Winner Takes All Lip Set ($32.00 for 0.35 oz.) includes three shades of Full-On Lip Cream and three shades of Full-On Lip Polish. The Lip Cream formula is described as a “creamy, no-shimmer lip gloss” with “sheer to medium” coverage.
The Lip Polish formula is described as a “sheer, shimmering lip gloss with a tingling, plumping effect.” The texture of both formulas was light-medium in thickness, creamy, and moderately tacky (the Lip Creams seemed slightly less tacky than the Lip Polishes). The Lip Creams had a tendency to settle into lip lines, and they’re true to the “no-shimmer” part of the description. The Lip Polishes are sheer with a fair amount of fine shimmer with a glossy shine.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to test the wear of these formulas, as the tingling sensation was just too much for me (I am often sensitive to lip plumping products, particularly any that really have a tingle you can feel); just swatching through them and testing the wear for two shades was too much for my lips. I would expect two to four hours, given how tacky they are, though, and the two I did test were White Russian and Chloe, both lasting three hours. I wish I could be more helpful!
White Russian is a peachy-pink with warm undertones and a creamy, glossy finish. It had semi-opaque color coverage and lasted three hours on me. It does settle into lip lines and doesn’t appear even when applied, though it is not the worst offender I’ve come across. See comparison swatches / view dupes side-by-side.
Berry Blast is a cool-toned, medium-dark fuchsia pink with a creamy, glossy finish. This shade had semi-opaque color payoff, and it went on a little more evently than White Russian, but there was some settling into lip lines. I felt like the deeper color helped to camouflage some of the settling, though. See comparison swatches
/ view dupes side-by-side.
Creamsicle is a milky, pink-coral with warm undertones and a creamy, glossy finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation, and this particular shade seemed to have a thicker consistency than the others. It settled into lip lines noticeably as well. See comparison swatches / view dupes side-by-side.
Chloe is a peachy-coral with fine gold and peach shimmer. It had sheer color, but it had a fair amount of shimmer, which gave it a more “opaque” look in a way. This was the other shade I managed to test, and it also lasted for three hours. See comparison swatches / view dupes side-by-side.
Trixie is a medium, pink-coral with warm undertones and gold shimmer. It had sheer color coverage with a moderate amount of visible god shimmer. It seemed to brighten and add warmth to my natural lip color. See comparison swatches / view dupes side-by-side.
Sophia is a light-medium, pinky-mauve with gold shimmer. It actually seemed more like a combination of the two formulas, as this one had a creamier look applied, which tended to cover some of the shimmer. It also settled into lip lines and didn’t go on as evenly. The coverage was semi-opaque, which is more pigmentation than as described. See comparison swatches / view dupes side-by-side.
See more photos & swatches!
Also In This Review
Buxom Dolly Full-Bodied Lip Gloss
Buxom Dolly Full-Bodied Lip Gloss ($19.00 for 0.15 fl. oz.) is described as a “shimmering sultry mauve.” It’s a medium, pinky-plum with fine gold shimmer. NARS Sweet Revenge (P, $26.00) is lighter. MAC Spontaneous (LE, $20.00) is cooler-toned, lessy glossy. Giorgio Armani #524 (P, $29.00) is less shimmery. Urban Decay Naked (P, $19.00) is lighter. NARS Oasis (P, $25.00) is less shimmery. Chanel Troublant (LE, $32.00) is similar. Bobbi Brown Naked Plum (P, $24.00) is cooler-toned. See comparison swatches / view dupes.
I bought this after I fell in love with Dolly Full-Bodied Lipstick. There are some similarities between the gloss and the lipstick, but the gloss is sheerer, more shimmery, and has a lighter pink base–it’s not as warm-toned as the lipstick. The formula is supposed to be a “sheer, shimmering, hydrating gloss with a no-tingle plumping effect.” It’s exactly as described: it had sheer color payoff–noticeable color and shimmer but the natural lip color comes through quite a bit–with a non-sticky, hydrating formula that wears three hours on me. The consistency is lightweight, comfortable to wear, and doesn’t settle into lip lines.