Fall 2012 – Butter London Lacquers and Lipglosses
Sequins! Velvet! Satin! Tweed! This season, the catwalks were abundant with rich texture! We’ve translated this to nails through the infusion of glitter particles and metallic and holographic fnishes. The colour tones speak to “earthiness” but are not specifically earth tones – think rust, shimmering greens, and silver. This collection feels future-forward but not futuristic. This season is all about using texture to add interest and depth to your look.
Nail Lacquer ($14.00)
- Lovely Jubbly Vibrant magenta flecked with red, blue, gold micro particles
- Trustafarian Golden holographic finish gives this delightful sage green a surprising and sophisticated edge
- Gobsmacked Heavily pigmented charcoal grey glitter with slightly textured finish
- Shag High-shine metallic lacquer in a warm orange-burgundy hue
- Dodgy Barnett Highly holographic shade that blurs the line between grey and silver
- Toff Darker, dustier, brownish variation on a rose pink
- Come to Bed Red Sexiest red in history
- Tea with the Queen On the pink side of tan, very neutral, but never boring
- La Moss Vampy and full of red wine, just like its inspiration
- Queen Vic Stunning, elegant, and classy; red wine meets cranberry
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom
See more photos!
butter LONDON Olympic Heavy Medal Trio
To celebrate the London 2012 Summer Olympics, butter LONDON introduces a Commemorative Olympic Heavy Medal Trio (MSRP $36 – available this month), a set of three metallic nail lacquers worthy of standing upon the winner’s podium – The Full Monty, Diamond Geezer and The Old Bill
- The Full Monty Does what it says on the bottle. Full-on molten gold. A beautiful colour that is always classy, never brassy.
- Diamond Geezer Proper platinum, silvery and shiny. It’s finger-bling that sparkles like the real thing, but doesn’t cost it!
- The Old Bill Burnished bronze with a beautiful antique patina. For sophisticated metal heads.
Availability: June 2012, $36 for the trio
Butter London Lippy Launches
butter LONDON™, the cult phenomenon of the nail industry, built their reputation on cutting edge colour. Their 3 Free nail lacquers are create backstage at Fashion Week and have made their way from catwalk to sidewalk in record time. This season, butter LONDON™ will expand their hold on colour with the launch of LIPPY, a range of long-wearing, lacquer-like lip glosses in shades to match their famous nail lacquers.
As a backstage fixture, the brand noticed a growing trend for S/S 2012 in “matchy-matchy” manicures, pedicures, and lips. This elegant, classic look is making a comeback, but modernized with fresh new colours. The LIPPY colours are rich and densely pigmented for a look that’s deliberate, high fashion, and luxe, just like the brand’s nail lacquers.
- Primrose Hill Picnic Happy, punchy, tropical fuchsia pink
- Snog Bright, happy hot pink
- Teddy Girl Pale retro bubblegum pink
- Trout Pout Opaque shade of cantaloupe, pale, & retro
- Yummy Mummy Medium beige colour that is a trude nude
availability: butterlondon.com and speciality retailers; each shade retails for $17.00
See more photos!
Beautiful Beginnings with Butter London
What was the first Butter London product you ever tried? Did it pave way for a real romance or did it put you off the brand entirely? What was the first Butter London product you purchased? Did you love it? Hate it? Still own it?
my answer: The first time I tried Butter London was during the 2008 holiday season with Chancer, which is a glittery red. The next time I tested out the brand it was with their Fall 2010 collection, which featured four shades (Marrow and Victoriana pictured above). I liked their square bottles, and the colors were always impressive. I really liked the wear that I was able to get out of the formula without chipping and just minor/minimal tip wear.