Reader Dilyana wanted to see more top picks for corals… so here’s my current top ten list of coral lipsticks, lipglosses, and blushes! (See them in the Swatch Gallery here.) What are your favorites right now?
- Hourglass Radiant Magenta — a warm-toned, pinky-coral with a satin finish
- Too Faced Bon Bon — a bright, warm-toned coral
- Chanel Reflexion — a shimmering, coral-red gloss
- Clinique Peach Pop — a muted, coral-orange with a luminous finish
- Maybelline Caramel Infused — a soft, pink-coral gloss
- Urban Decay Streak — a glossy coral-pink
- Tom Ford Love Lust –a shimmering, dark coral
- Burberry Camel Pink — a peachy-gold shimmered coral-pink gloss
- Givenchy Rose Dressing (202) — a vibrant, pink-coral
- MAC Be a Lady –a brightened, pink-coral
Soft, flushed cheeks with a hint of luminous sheen — that just says spring to me! Here are five of my current favorites for the spring season…
- Clinique Plum Pop (04) — cool-toned, plummy pink with a satin finish
- Chanel Revelation (63) — light-medium, warm-toned pink with a satin finish
- theBalm Down Boy — a soft, cool-toned pink with a satin finish
- Burberry Blossom — a softly shimmered coral-orange
- Hourglass Radiant Magenta — a light-medium, warm pink with a satin finish
What are your favorite blushes to wear during spring?
When it comes to lipgloss, I personally fall in love with two types: insanely pigmented, nearly opaque colors or glimmering, dazzling, sparkling, and shimmering ones–but they have to be loaded with sparkle (and yet, they can’t feel gritty!). Over the years, while stickiness isn’t a deal-breaker, I don’t like heavy, thick, goopy kind of glosses. Reflecting on glosses I’ve tested out this past year, here were the ones I picked for my top ten!
What were your must-have lipglosses from 2013?
I went through all of the blushes I’ve reviewed in 2013, which was around 200 in total, and these were some of my very, very favorites. I could have given you a much longer list, so when there was just a really amazing formula, I limited myself to picking just one shade, but I’ve included a link to the formula itself where you can also check out other shades available! Naturally, as these are my personal favorites, you’ll likely notice a warmer tone to most, plus an inclination towards coral… I cannot tell a lie: I love coral blushes!
- Chanel Presage (62) Le Blush Creme de Chanel — a warm-toned, medium-dark orange with a hint of pink, but I loved every single shade released in this formula (see them all here!)
- Illamasqua Peaked Velvet Blusher — an amazing cream-to-powder formula in a cool-toned berry-pink
- Kevyn Aucoin Natura Pure Powder Glow — or take your pick, as the formula was incredibly consistent and fantastic; Natura is a soft, medium brown with rose and peach tints
- NARS Boy Don’t Cry High Voltage Blush — an intensely pigmented coral-red that was as gorgeous to look at in the pan as it was applied
- Burberry Coral Pink Light Glow Natural Blush — a dark pink with a hint of coral and warmth and a soft, satiny finish
- MAC Ripe for Love Blush — a medium coral-orange with a satiny sheen
- Chanel Accent (84) Joues Contraste — a softened, medium-dark rosy brown with neutral-to-warm undertones
- Givenchy It-Girl Purple Le Prisme Blush — a light-medium, cool-toned pink with a hint of lilac and a barely-there satin finish
- Benefit Rockateur Box o’ Powder — a mix of pink, beige, and brown with warm undertones and a satiny finish–almost rose gold as described
- NARS Taj Mahal — bold, vibrant orange with a hint of red and a golden sheen–one of many choices as I reviewed most of the permanent shades from NARS this past year
What were your favorite blushes this year? What makes your top ten? (Or top five!)
Continuing on with our look at brand must-haves, here are my top five favorite formulas from Burberry! It’s fairly well-edited brand, so they have only a few formulas, a lot of classic, basic shades, and their powders have an exceptionally soft, silky feel while lipsticks wear well and feel great on lips. And if you’re a long-time reader, you’ll know that Burberry Trench is my go-to brow highlighter!
- Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow — though often not sheer at all, the eyeshadows are soft, silky, and ultra-flattering on the skin; favorite shades include Trench, Pale Barley, Almond, Taupe Brown
- Burberry Lip Velvet — a long-wearing, comfortable-to-wear matte lipstick; favorite shades include Rose Pink, Bright Poppy, Pink Amber
- Burberry Lip Glow — medium-coverage, shimmery, high-shine gloss that’s hydrating; favorite shades include Cameo Pink, Coral, Brick Red
- Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush — insanely silky texture with rich color payoff; favorite shades include Blossom, Earthy, Coral Pink, Tangerine
- Burberry Lip Cover — lightly luminous, richly pigmented lipstick that’s hydrating, comfortable, and wears well; favorite shades include Bright Plum,
What are your favorite Burberry products/shades?
Burberry Festive Gold Collection for Holiday 2013
The Collection (Limited Edition)
Note, Trench Kiss Lip Mist and Lip Glow and Fresh Glow Nude Radiance are available permanently in regular packaging.
- Trench Kiss Lip Mist ($30.00)
- Light Gold Nail Polish ($21.00)
- Trench Kiss Lip Glow ($27.00)
- Fresh Glow Nude Radiance ($48.00)
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom, Burberry