I love a glossy, sparkly lip, so I often top a go-to lipstick with a shimmery lip gloss to get that effect! Here’s a list of five I really like layering with 🙂
- Surratt Beauty Amethyste — A Cool Sheer with a Sparkle finish.
- Giorgio Armani #701 — A Cool Blue with a Frost finish.
- MAC Rags to Riches — A Warm Pink with a Sparkle finish.
- Bobbi Brown Naked Plum — A Cool Plum with a Glitter finish.
- Bobbi Brown Canary — A Warm Gold with a Glitter finish.
The side-by-side link isn’t quite working, which we’ll fix probably on Monday (it’s a little minor for a weekend emergency, I try not to be a crazy boss, haha!), so please use THIS LINK to view side-by-side swatches 🙂
It can be harder to find quality glosses in deeper hues, but here are some of my favorites!
- Bobbi Brown Naked Plum — pink-shimmered plum
- NYX Spice Cake — a pink-plum cream
- Urban Decay Vice — a pink-berry
- Chanel Crushed Cherry — a deep red
- Revlon HD Carnelian — a bright, deep red
My favorite kind of finish on lipstick is something that’s luminous with slight pearl–a glossier finish one but one that doesn’t wear away in a nanosecond. Here are some of my favorites for fall!
- Givenchy Nude Guipure — a light pink
- Bobbi Brown Neutral Rose — a subdued pink
- Too Faced Melted Villain — a glossy purple
- Too Faced Pink Chocolate — a glossy pink-plum
- Guerlain Garconne — a glossy red