Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood Collection
Old Hollywood Eye Palette ($75.00) (Limited Edition)
The Old Hollywood eye palette features a mixture of cool and warm hues with both glitter and flat finishes so you can go demure or glamorous depending on your mood. Shades include:
- Golden Pink Metallic
- Gold Sparkle
- Opal Sparkle
- Chocoalte Bronze Sparkle
- Candlelight Gold Metallic
Ink Linker ($27.00)
Effortless and high impact – that’s the essence of Bobbi Brown’s Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick. The do-it-all formula glides on tug-free and can be used to shade, define, smoke up and highlight eyes. In subtle to eye-popping shades that last for up to eight hours without creasing, flaking or fading, it’s a stroke of genius. Just swipe on and go.
- Blackest Black
Lip Gloss ($24.00) (Limited Edition)
- Siren Red
High Shimmer Lip Gloss ($24.00) (Limited Edition)
- Pure Gold
Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick ($28.00)
- Tuxedo Black
- 24 Karat
- Bronze (Limited Edition)
See more photos!
One question I get asked a lot prior to Sephora’s winter sale (20% off for VIBs with code VIBTOPIA, 11/7 through 11/11!) is, “What do you recommend?” This is a loaded question! There are so many ways to answer this question! The way I tend to frame my answer is in the context of, “What have I wanted to buy but felt was a little too expensive normally? What favorites do I need to stock-up on?” I think sales offer us an opportunity to indulge in something that might be above our price point comfort zone the rest of the year, or be more willing to take a chance on a brand we’re not familiar with (because they’re not cheap!) as well as stock-up on things we know we’ll use over and over again.
Of course, it being the holiday season, there are also plenty of seasonal offerings to indulge in like sets and palettes–you can see my top palette picks in full here as well as some picks for sets and kits generally. Those both cover some of the seasonal offerings, and this post is less focused on seasonal/limited edition as it is just really fantastic products that I highly recommend from trying them.
Products to Indulge In — Lips
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick ($22 @ Sephora, see my review here) — great if you love creamy, more emollient lipsticks with high pigmentation and moderate lasting power
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains ($34 @ Sephora, see my review here) — long-wearing, moderately pigmented color that doesn’t dry out lips
- Givenchy Le Rouge ($36 @ Sephora, see my review here) — creamy, luminous opaque lip color that wears well, makes lips look smoother than they really are
- Guerlain Rouge G Lip Color ($49.50 @ Sephora, see my review here) — Rouge G is a long-time favorite (still reigning supreme after years and years of trying new formulas) for long-wear, hydration, opacity, and feel
- Buxom Full-Bodied Lipstick ($21 @ Sephora, see my review here) — superbly hydrating, smooth, rich color that wears well
- Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lipgloss ($24 @ Sephora, see my review here) — for a high-gloss, insanely shimmering/glimmering gloss
Products to Indulge In — Face
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush ($26 @ Sephora, see my review here) — a variety of gorgeous shades from intensely pigmented to subtly neutral with a soft, blendable formula
- Illamasqua Velvet Blusher ($26 @ Sephora, see my review here) — perfect for someone who loves the feel and blendability of of a cream blush but look and finish of a powder
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder ($45 @ Sephora, see my review here) — a gorgeous finishing/luminizing powder to give that something special to the skin (and don’t forget the Ambient Lighting Palette!)
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer ($ @ Sephora, see my review here) — creates a lovely, smooth canvas and helps keep makeup on longer
Products to Indulge In — Eyes
Most of what I wanted to recommend (in terms of what came to mind) were palettes, which I’ve recommended previously here.
- Hourglass Visionaire Eyeshadow Duo ($38 @ Sephora, see my review here) — buttery, soft texture and intense color payoff
- bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow ($30 & up @ Sephora, see my review here) — one of my all-time favorite eyeshadow formulas for texture and color payoff
- Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadows ($30 @ Sephora, see my review here) — obsessed with these pigmented cream eyeshadows that wear well
Products to Indulge In — Nails
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer ($18 @ Sephora, see my review here) — high-shine, long-wearing formula with a nice range of colors/textures
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish ($17 @ Sephora, see my review here) — one of my all-time favorites for application, wear, and range
- Guerlain Nail Lacquer ($23 @ Sephora, see my review here) — so glossy and high-shine, pigmented, long-wearing
Products to Stock-Up On
These are your favorites, but this is a little list of basics that we sometimes blank on but often have a favorite we use quite frequently, so consider what you reach for in these product types:
- Eyeshadow Primer
- Lip Balm/Lip Care
- Top/Base Coats (for nails)
- Makeup Remover
Are you indulging in Sephora’s upcoming VIB sale? What’s on your list? What would you recommend to someone?
And if you aren’t a VIB, while Sephora has hinted at upcoming promotions for BIs as well, they haven’t confirmed what that means (could just be more samples, free shipping, etc. or it could be really awesome), Beauty.com’s F&F sale is open to all with 20% off.
Bobbi Brown Holiday 2013 Collection
Looking to glitz it up? This holiday season, Bobbi offers a beautifully edited collection of luxurious lip and eye palettes, lip glosses and brush sets for the beauty enthusiast who wants to get — or give — the gift of glam. Featuring an assortment of shimmery shades in silver, bronze and golden tones, Bobbi’s Holiday 2013 Gift Giving Collection is a must when it comes to stealing the spotlight.
Twilight Pink Lip & Eye Palette ($80.00) (Limited Edition)
This double-decker compact includes everything you need to play up your eyes and lips all party season long. This palette offers 10 gorgeous eye shadows in a variety of textures – from metallic to sparkle to shimmer – and four pretty lip shades, plus a mini lip and mini eye shadow brush. Shades: Ivory Eye Shadow, Dusk Sparkle Shadow, Canary Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow, Cool Ivory Eye Shadow, Nude Eye Shadow, Slate Eye Shadow, Opal Sparkle Eye Shadow, Truffle Eye Shadow, Twilight Pink Metallic Eye Shadow, Espresso Eye Shadow, Twilight Pink Creamy Lip Color, Nude Pink Creamy Lip Color, Pale Mauve Creamy Lip Color, Bronze Pink Creamy Lip Color.
Eyeshadow Palette ($48.50) (Limited Edition)
- Smoky Cool Eye Palette Ivory Eye Shadow, Graphite Sparkle Eye Shadow, Smokey Grey Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow, Truffle Eye Shadow, Platinum Sparkle Eye Shadow, Caviar Eye Shadow
- Smoky Warm Eye Palette Ivory Eye Shadow, Antique Gold Metallic Eye Shadow, Blonde Eye Shadow, Golden Chocolate Metallic Eye Shadow, Chiffon Sparkle Eye Shadow, Espresso Eye
Lip & Eye Palette ($30.00) (Limited Edition)
- Everyday Pretty Lip & Eye Palette Pink Beige Lip Color, Mauve Lip Color, Bare Sparkle High Shimmer Lip Gloss, Ivory Eye Shadow, Chino Eye Shadow, Espresso Eye Shadow
- Date Night Lip & Eye Palette Sandwash Pink Lip Color, Berry Punch Lip Color, Diamond Pink High Shimmer Lip Gloss, Ivory Eye Shadow, Storm Cloud Eye Shadow, Caviar Eye Shadow
Lipgloss Trio ($42.00) (Limited Edition)
Back by popular demand – the Lip Gloss Trio is available in an assortment of flattering shades that are quintessentially Bobbi. Shades: Pink Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss, Bronzed Heather High Shimmer Lip Gloss, Dusty Rose Lip Gloss.
Sequin Shimmer Brick Eye Palette ($48.50) (Limited Edition)
Featuring 10 eye shadows in a range of cool, shimmery shades in silver, dusty rose and golden tones, this is the ultimate accessory for eyes. Use the Eye Shadow Brush to apply an individual shade across the lower lids for a glistening look. Or, sweep the Eye Shadow Brush across all the shades in the palette to achieve a radiant sheen.
Nude Glow Shimmer Brick ($45.00) (Limited Edition)
Featuring a range of gold and bronze shades, Bobbi’s Nude Glow Shimmer Brick adds a warm glow to the skin – it’s a fresh and fun twist on a fan-favorite.
Old Hollywood Travel Brush Set ($135.00) (Limited Edition)
This essential brush set has all the tools you need to achieve a flawless look. A gorgeous light gold case with a black satin interior makes it a must-have for every fashionista. Includes eight of Bobbi’s must-have brushes: Foundation Brush, Dual-Ended Concealer & Blending Brush, Retouching Brush, Touch Up Brush, Eye Shadow Brush, Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush, Smokey Eye Liner Bush.
Old Hollywood Mini Brush Set ($70.00) (Limited Edition)
This compact Mini Brush Set is perfect to pop into your handbag for mid-day or mid-party touch-ups. Includes four mini brushes: Mini Face Blender Brush, Mini Eye Sweep Brush, Dual-Ended Mini Smokey Eye Liner & Angle Eye Shadow Brush and Mini Eye Brow Brush to create the perfect pretty or sultry eye.
Old Hollywood Train Case ($220.00) (Limited Edition)
Bobbi’s updated take on a vintage train case, this sleek gold compartmentalized zip-top case neatly houses all your Bobbi Brown makeup and brushes. The durable exterior makes it your ideal travel companion.
Old Hollywood Beauty Trunk ($400.00) (Limited Edition)
A makeup aficionado’s dream, this sleek gold case with interior mirror and numerous compartments makes for efficient organization and showstopping display of your Bobbi Brown makeup, skincare and brushes.