Olive Green Eyeliners: MAC Black Karat, MAC Black Line, MAC Buried Treasure,
MAC Rosemary & Thyme, MAC Uniform, MUFE #5L, Stila Moray, shu uemura ME Khaki 09,
UD Stash, bareMinerals 10AM, TT Sparkling Ammunition, Chanel Khaki Dore,
Shiseido Black Sand, BB Hunter, D&G Stromboli
Olive Green Eyeliners: Your Guide
You might think that the color I have the most shades for is olive green, but you would be wrong, even though there are quite a few! The nice thing here is that we have more than a few dupes/similarities. I like that, because then you can select based on what formula works best for you and still get the shade you want.
- MAC Black Karat is a brownish-black with an olive-brown tone and gold shimmer. (LE)
- MAC Black Line is a black with brown undertones and an olive green shimmer. (LE)
- MAC Buried Treasure is a cool-toned brown with olive green shimmer. It is a little darker than MAC Uniform.
- MAC Rosemary & Thyme is a light-medium olive green with green shimmer. It is similar to MUFE #5L (darker) and shu uemura ME Khaki 09 (less sparkle).
- MAC Uniform is a cool-toned brown with olive gold shimmer. It is slightly lighter than MAC Buried Treasure.
- Make Up For Ever #5L is an olive green with a soft sheen. It is a touch darker than MAC Rosemary & Thyme and shu uemura ME Khaki 09.
- Stila Moray is a darkened olive green with an olive brown shimmer/sheen. It is a bit greener compared to UD Stash but not as green as bareMinerals 10AM.
- shu uemura ME Khaki 09 is a warm olive green with brown undertones. It is a touch darker than MAC Rosemary & Thyme but lighter than MUFE #5L.
- Urban Decay Stash is a darkened olive green with a subtle sheen. It is browner than Stila Moray and bareMinerals 10AM.
- bareMinerals 10AM is an olive green with strong green pigmentation compared to the other shades here. It is greener than Stila Moray, UD Stash, and TT Sparkling Ammunition.
- Tarina Tarantino Sparkling Ammunition is a darkened olive green with subtle shimmer. It is a bit lighter than Stila Moray but greener than UD Stash and browner than bareMinerals 10AM.
- Chanel Khaki Dore is a warm-toned, olive brown with gold sheen.
- Shiseido Black Sand is a green-tinged black with gold shimmer.
- Bobbi Brown Hunter is a green-tinged black–against all these other eyeliners, it is so, so dark.
- Dolce & Gabbana Stromboli is a deep black with olive shimmer.
TEMPTALIA PICKS: #6 (quality, pigmentation), #7 (pigmentation), #9 (longevity, quality), #11 (quality, pigmentation)
Behind-the-Series: It was my intention to provide heavy, opaque swatches to provide an accurate color comparison. Some eyeliners required one pass, some required five, and a few even more. When possible, the shade name (above) is linked to the original review so you can read more about the quality, wear, etc. of a particular eyeliner. If we’ve never done a review, there will be no link. Shades that were limited edition will be marked with “(LE)” and shades that were discontinued will be marked with “(DC)” after the color description. You can also find all comparisons on The Dupe List.
What’s your favorite Olive Green Eyeliner? How do you like to use it?
Bobbi Brown Skin Perfecting Retouching Powder
Bobbi’s NEW skin perfecting Retouching Powder in six color-correcting shades help brighten and even out skin tone and discolorations, plus they invisibly diminish the appearance of dark spots, fine lines, redness and other imperfections while giving skin an airbrushed look. Suitable for all skin types and formulated to soothe skin, control oil – it never looks cakey or powdery and you’ll love how it adds subtle, blendable color to skin or over your favorite face powder. For light coverage, use the Sheer Powder Brush. For a more polished look, use the Full Coverage Face Brush. New and permanent.
Skin Perfecting Retouching Powder ($36.00)
- Pink Counteracts sallow undertones in alabaster in medium skin tones
- Brown Warms up medium to rich skin tones
- Peach Warms up light skin tones. Evens out tanned and medium to dark skin tones.
- White Brightens and illuminates alabaster to light skin tones.
- Rose Gives light to deep skin tones a healthy flush of color.
- Yellow Tones down redness in light to medium skin tones.
Availability: Now @ Bobbi Brown
Bobbi Brown Brighten, Sparkle, & Glow Collection for Spring 2013
Brightening Finishing Powder ($50.00)
This all-over powder instantly illuminates and gives skin a healthy-looking glow. It’s infused with a skin-brightening blend of Mulberry, Grape and Scutellaria extracts, as well as Sodium Hyaluronate (beloved for its moisture magnet-like effect) to help keep skin fresh and smooth looking. Now in NEW Porcelain Pearl shade, this metallic silver palette includes an interior mirror for perfect application and an elegant feel no matter where you touch up.
Sparkle Eyeshadow ($28.00)
- Gold Star Warm gold sparkle (Limited Edition)
High Shimmer Lipgloss ($24.00)
- Bare Sparkle Champagne with pearl (Repromote)
Tinted Eye Brightener ($30.00)
You asked, we listened: our same brightening lightweight concealer now in new shades and a clear tube (so you know just how much is left before you run out). We also replaced the click-and-twist pen for a doe-foot applicator for more precise application and controlled delivery under the eye. Instantly brightens shadows so you look refreshed and revived-perfect for touch-ups too. Available in 10 shades.
Brow Pencil ($22.00)
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom
Bobbi Brown Pink & Red Collection for Spring 2013
Creamy Lip Color ($24.00)
Lip Gloss ($24.00)
- Cherry Red
- Pretty in Pink Pink
Sheer Color ($26.00)
- Sheer Cherry Red
- Sheer Pink Pink
Nail Polish ($18.00)
- Pink Valentine Pink
- Valentine Red Red
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick
Effortless and high impact—that’s the essence of NEW Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick. This do-it-all formula glides on tug-free and can be used to shade, define, smoke up and highlight eyes. In subtle to eye-popping shades that last for up to 8 hours without creasing, flaking or fading, it’s a stroke of genius.
Exceptional Wear, Intense Color A unique blend of oils, waxes and film formers, gives this water-resistant formula superior 8 hour wear. Color rich emollients provide intense pigment in one easy swipe without flaking or creasing. Supremely Smooth, Lightweight Feel Antioxidant Vitamins C and E protect the delicate eye area while skin conditioners help create a smooth, comfortable and lightweight feel that is not oily or tacky.
Katie Holmes is wearing Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Violet Plum and Bark.
Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick ($28.00)
- Golden Pink
- Sand Dune
- Iced Blue
- Violet Plum
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom, on-counter February 2013
Top 10 of 2012: Lipglosses
These are ten fantastic shades of gloss that I reviewed and tested in the past year. You’ll notice that there are a few from Bobbi Brown’s High Shimmer range, and let’s just say it was hard not to include more!
What was your favorite lipgloss from 2012?