QVC’s Truth or Dare Beauty Event is going on now, which has various products at special prices, but I also spied this new palette from bareMinerals… so, you know, I had to share (and also buy)
The Nude Beach 8.0 Eyeshadow Palette ($40.00)
What is it: Indulge in a palette of eight gorgeous bareMinerals READY(R) Eyeshadows inspired after some of bareMinerals(R) most beloved original eyecolors. This essential palette of pretty pink, taupe, copper, and peach is softly ethereal and naturally versatile. Mix and match the delicate, sun-swept hues to create endless alluring looks from soft natural to shimmering sexy and everything in between. It’s pure color that’s incredibly long wearing and amazingly blendable with clinically proven antiaging benefits.
- Tan Lines Dark peach copper
- Nude Beach Light, warm sand
- Bare Skin Copper rose
- Pure Light, airy peach
- In the Buff Light golden peach
- Natural Light buttery peach
- Santorini Burnished taupe
- Skinny Dip Iridescent pink
Here are some of my personal recommendations for eye products to pick up while Sephora’s offering 15% off! Beauty Insiders use code TICKET, VIBs use code VIBTICKET, and Rouges use code ROUGETICKET. Feel free to share your recommendations for other readers to try!
- Urban Naked Palettes (review) if you’re a big fan of various hues of neutrals that tend to lean more shimmery. I’ve enjoyed all three palettes enormously, and I usually take one along with me when I travel. (Pictured: Naked3)
- Too Faced Pretty Rebel Eyeshadow Palette (review) is one of the best eyeshadow palettes ever–perfect if you love rich, pigmented eyeshadows with frosted finishes.
- bareMinerals Power Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette (review) is a nice option for a neutral palette with a variety of finishes.
- Sephora 10 Shades of Samba Set (review) has ten shades of one of my favorite eyeliner formulas (Sephora’s Eye Contour Pencils) in several colorful hues. (Pictured: Romantic Comedy)
- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (review) is my very favorite eyeshadow primer–colorless, works well across brands and finishes, and keeps my eyeshadow on extra long.
- Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadows (review) are my newest favorite for cream eyeshadows! So versatile, long-wearing, and sparkling. (Pictured: Hypnotique)
- Marc Jacobs Intro(vert) Highliner (review) is an eyeliner I get complimented on all the time–it’s a cooler-toned, brighter teal that is harder to dupe.
- Urban Decay Ocho Loco 2 (review) is a set of eight full-sized eyeliners from black to teal–I’m constantly reaching for the shades in this one–and bonus, it comes with Grind House as well!
- Urban Decay Grind House (review) is my go-to for all my eyeliner sharpening needs!
- Marc Jacobs Brow Tamer (review) works nicely to keep brows in place without giving them a hard, crunchy feeling. I just picked up my second one this time around, actually!
Choosing my top ten favorite palettes from the ones I tested and reviewed in 2013 was a lot more difficult than I anticipated! To give you an idea on how stiff the competition was, there were 128 reviews filed under “makeup palettes,” so you can see there were plenty to choose from! (And if you were curious, I have 1,261 posts filed under “reviews,” and the majority of those posts feature more than one shade, for the past year.) I considered which ones gave me warm, fuzzy feelings, that were high quality, and that I could really reach for over and over again. With those things in mind, here are my favorites…
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette — nicely pigmented, rosy-themed palette that I loved and will definitely be traveling with in the future
- Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette for Eyes — it’s no surprise that this was a favorite, given how difficult it was to track it down, but I loved the plummy vibe and mixture of mattes and satins
- Sleek Makeup Sunset i-Divine Palette — this palette was incredibly pigmented; not only is it incredibly affordable, it was fantastic in quality
- Dior Bonne Etoile Eyeshadow Palette — a gorgeous palette featuring five shimmering, earthy shades–wish Dior made this their regular formula
- Too Faced Pretty Rebel Eyeshadow Palette — it’s no surprise that this makes the list as it was bright, colorful, intensely pigmented, and a cinch to use
- Le Metier de Beaute Femme Fatale — an interesting color combination and filled with more unique shades than not–if only LMdB was more accessible and wasn’t so limited
- bareMinerals The Wild Thing Eyeshadow Quad — mint, chartreuse, and blue? shades that speak to my heart, so thank goodness they were of quality!
- Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Eyeshadow Palette — a cool-toned, four-pan palette that’s nearly irresistible
- LORAC Pro Palette — it’s a great option for someone who likes warm-toned eyeshadows and can’t decide between matte and frost
- Guerlain Coup de Foudre Eyeshadow Quad — I loved the unusual color combination