Top 10 of 2012: Makeup Palettes
There were actually a lot of fantastic palettes released this year! I already pulled up twenty that to consider for the top ten, and I had only reached August (I go backwards). So here are my picks–and I tried to include a variety of brands that were all excellent, but full disclosure: could have easily included more bareMinerals, Guerlain, and another Tom Ford (Enchanted).
- Chanel Harmonie du Soir — absolutely loved the formula
- Guerlain Turandot — one of my favorite products of the year
- Urban Decay Naked Basics — I like the way it complements N1 & N2
- Tarina Tarantino Emerald Pretty — beautiful textures, rich pigmentation
- Estee Lauder Violet Underground — bright pops of color
- Tom Ford Emerald Lust — rich, buttery textures and shades
- Disney Cinderella Storylook — fantastic value and overall quality
- bareMinerals The Star Treatment — beautiful warm-toned palette
- Guerlain Calligraphy — buttery and pigmented
- Le Metier de Beaute Nouvelle Vague — great pigmentation and texture
What was your favorite makeup palette from 2012?
bareMinerals Remix Collection for Spring 2013
In this high fidelity collection for eyes, cheeks and lips, bold, bass-thumping brights meet sheer, high-gloss finishes for an effect that’s unapologetically audacious yet effortlessly wearable. This limited edition collection, available in custom aqua-sheen packaging, features new Loud & Clear™ Lip Sheers and exclusive fully saturated shades in a harmony of warms, cools, brights and deeps that ebb and fl ow together seamlessly for endless customized looks.
A collection inspired by the elusive moment when pulsating energy meets tranquil clarity. You know the moment when the music is blasting, the crowd is going wild and you can just feel the beat, inside and out? All wrapped up in the sound, the chords swirl around you, vibrant and alive, taking total control. Nothing else matters. You live it, breathe it, everything is suddenly still…and it all seems to make sense.
bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 ($30.00)
- The Next Big Thing Sunlit gold, glowing copper, vibrant peach, smoky plum
- The Wild Thing Iridescent aqua, bronzed taupe, electric chartreuse, deep marine blue
Round the Clock Waterproof Eyeliner ($15.00)
- Midnight Navy
Flawless Definition Mascara ($18.00)
- Black Black
- Aqua Blast Teal
bareMinerals Ready Blush ($22.00)
- The Natural High Flush
Bronzing Mineral Veil Finishing Powder Broad Spectrum SPF 25 ($19.00)
Secret Radiance All-Over Face Color ($19.00)
A year-round complexion booster that gives skin a radiant glow for a uniquely beautiful lit-from-within effect. It buffs on a naturally luminescent, sheer sheen. Because of the ability to be layered in any combination, the skin enhancer brings out a natural-looking radiance in your complexion.
Loud & Clear Lip Sheer ($15.00)
Amp up lips with a translucent splash of vivid high-fidelity color and soft glistening shine. The sheer gel loads lips with shea butter and jojoba seed oil for maxed-out moisture while nourishing and conditioning lips.
- Amped Pink Pink
- Tangerine Trance Tangerine
- Berry Remix Berry
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom