Aveda Art of Nature Collection for Spring 2013
Aveda’s Art of Nature collection is inspired by nature, boasting pure pastels and vibrant colors. Janell Geason, Artistic Director Aveda Makeup, introduces a blossoming color palette — created with a conscience. Aveda makeup goes beyond minerals with natural plant ingredients that are gentle to skin — and the planet — while sheer to intense shades for eyes and lips create a romantic flush of color.
“We’re seeing a return to color in makeup with techniques that create a more lived-in, less ‘done’ look,” says Janell Geason, Artistic Director for Aveda makeup. “Our new makeup collection starts with pure pastels like the first buds of spring, and builds into lush, high-summer color.”
Petal Essence Single Eye Color ($14.00) (Limited Edition)
- Cinnamon Bark
- Bare Bellis
Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Color ($16.00) (Limited Edition)
- Melochia Bloom
Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze ($18.00) (Limited Edition)
Nourish-Mint Lip Liner ($16.00) (Limited Edition)
- Cocoa Bean
- Barberry Bloom
Petal Essence Face Accent ($24.00) (Limited Edition)
Pearl Essence Eye Definer ($16.00) (Limited Edition)
- Wild Indigo
Availability: The collection will be available while supplies last in Aveda salons, spas and retail locations February 2013.
See more photos! Continue reading “Aveda Art of Nature Collection for Spring 2013″
Aveda @ Richard Chai NYFW Fall 2012
AVEDA was backstage creating the look at Richard Chai this past week. Hair styled by Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda at Richard Chai autumn winter 2012 show is inspired by Matt Dillon in Drugstore Cowboy and Chet Baker – well-groomed gets a tousle. “Richard’s collection incorporates disproportionate tailoring,” says Kevin Ryan. “The hair – like the clothing – is deconstructed. The overall style starts out looking very tidy, but the finish disturbs the original styling, like you’ve pulled a sweater off over your head.”
- Section the hair from ear to ear at the flat of the crown, securing the bottom half with a clip.
- Spray the top section from root to midshaft with a generous amount of Aveda Volumizing Tonic.
- Blowdry the Tonic in the top section with a fine-toothed comb or Mason Pearson brush, creating lift at the root, up and away from the face and hairline.
- Work Aveda Men Pure-Formance Grooming Clay into the hair from root to mid-length with a Mason Pearson brush. Hair should be slightly textured throughout – use Aveda Air Control Hair Spray or Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion to add texture, if needed.
- Follow with a quarter-sized dollop of Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade emulsified in the hands and raked in, using fingers to comb through.
- Comb hair back and away from face with a side-parting on the left. Secure with clips and let set while finishing makeup.
- Using a fine-toothed comb, reverse the style by combing forward for a tousled, random finish. Saturate the hair at the sides of the face with Brilliant Spray-On Shine and comb backwards, then run fingers through for added texture over the ear.