Burnished Neutrals: Coppers and Browns
I gotta tell you, this look was a pain in the behind to photograph. You just can’t see as much color variation in the close-up photos as you typically can. I took photos in a different spot in my house than I normally do (on the floor, ha), so I won’t be doing that again in case that alone was it! (I, as silly as I can be, removed my makeup prior to uploading photos to ensure everything was photographed right and tight!) At least, though, the full face photos turned out and show the look the way it should 🙂
Happy Friday! What are your Friday plans? The boyfriend and I are celebrating Valentine’s Day early (we always do it early!) at my very favorite steakhouse. I’m already salivating over what’s to come, LOL!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion (eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Drink Me, Eat Me (Sin) Eyeshadow (champagne pink), Urban Decay Muchness (X) Eyeshadow (melon), Urban Decay Queen (Last Call) Eyeshadow (burgundy), Urban Decay Mushroom Eyeshadow (taupe brown), MAC Shroom Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay 1999 24/7 Liner (dark red-purple), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Korres Tinted Moisturizer (Honey)
- Cheeks: Dolce & Gabbana Peach Blush (soft beige-pink)
- Lips: Guerlain Orange Sequin (#342) KissKiss Strass Lipstick (coral-brown), Le Metier de Beaute Papaya Creme Lipgloss (sheer gold)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Primer Potion as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Drink Me, Eat Me eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Muchness eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Queen eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Add more depth to the crease by applying Mushroom eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly blend Mushroom eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Muchness eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Shroom eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying 1999 eyeliner on the lower lash line and Honey liner on the lower water line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Peach blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Orange Sequin lipstick first, and then layer Papaya Creme lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!