Bright Makeup: Yellow, Pink, & Purple
I felt like playing around a bit last night, so I ended up with this at the end of playtime! Thought I’d share 🙂 I normally pair this kind of look with bright pink lips, but I thought I’d try something a little more orange, just for fun, so there are two lip combos in this look.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Golden Lemon Pigment (yellow gold), MAC Goldenrod Eyeshadow (golden yellow), MAC Bright Sunshine Eyeshadow (yellow), MAC Passionate Eyeshadow (dark pink), MAC Beauty Marked Eyeshadow (blackened burgundy), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), MAC Blackline Pearlglide Eyeliner (black with gold), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black), MAC Opulash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Blush (peachy-pink)
- Lips: MAC Morange Lipstick (orange), Chanel Venus Glossimer (sheer pink), NARS Schiap Lipstick (bright pink), Benefit Back to the Fuchsia Ultra Shine Lip Shine (sheer fuchsia)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Golden Lemon pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Goldenrod eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Bright Sunshine eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Passionate eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. With the 226, apply Beauty Marked eyeshadow into the outer crease, and then gently press Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow into the middle of the crease with the 239. Lightly tap and brush Bright Sunshine eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Blacktrack fluidline on the upper lash line, Blackline eyeliner on the outer half of the lower lash line and Bright Sunshine eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Opulash and Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Morange lipstick first, and then layer Venus glossimer for a complementing lip. or try Schiap lipstick layered with Back to the Fuchsia lip shine.
Check out more photos!