Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shines SPF 15 Review, Photos, Swatches
Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shines: Nectarine, Pink Glisten, Raspberry Pink, Moonlight Rose, Berry, & Maple
Bobbi Brown’s Treatment Lip Shines SPF 15 come in twelve lovely shades, with each retailing for $22 and weighing in at 0.07 oz. It’s described as a “lightweight, soft shine lipstick that doubles as a rejuvenating moisture treatment.” It also contains “natural Cocoa and Shea Butters, Jojoba, Apricot Kernel and Avocado oils … Peptides, along with Vitamin C.”
I actually really liked these, and even though they looked pretty, I wasn’t so sure whether they’d be a product I’d enjoy. Coming from Bobbi Brown, I completely expected incredibly sheer, barely-there color. I’m happy to report that isn’t the case here! They’re not even remotely sheer. Each shade I tried was different from the next–these aren’t sheered out shades that end up looking the same on lips, must to my delight!
- Nectarine is a semi-sheer coral-orange with a glistening finish. It packs good color when applied, and applies pretty even coverage without trouble. I think this one lends itself better for warmer skin tones.
- Pink Glisten is a lightened, rosy pink with lighter pink shimmer. This one applied beautifully (one of the best applications of the six I tried), and the color itself is semi-opaque. I think this shade is a nice, universal pink.
- Raspberry Pink is a darkened raspberry pink with gold and pink shimmer. This was my favorite shade. It’s semi-opaque in color coverage, but it’s rich and dark enough to be worn on its own to draw attention to your lips. Like Pink Glisten, this applied smoothly and evenly on lips.
- Moonlight Rose is a light brown with a little bit of red undertones and golden shimmer. I’m not sure what’s rose about this, to be honest. It has semi-opaque coverage, and it applies evenly for the most part.
- Berry is a reddish wine-berry with a very glistening look. It looks very wet when applied, and it has a tendency to settle into lip lines a bit, but it’s not too noticeable from a normal viewing distance. The color itself applies semi-opaque but not complete full-color coverage.
- Maple is a darkened red-toned brown. It has the same application look and feel as Berry: a little uneven, somewhat settles into lip lines, but it still has the semi-opaque color and glistening, wet look.
These are lightly creamy, moisturizing enough to keep your pucker in line for a few hours, and they wear incredibly well. After the initial surprise of more color pay off than I anticipated, I was surprised three hours later when much of the color was still holding on, despite sipping on a Starbucks (the TEMPTALIA Frappuccino, ha!) for the three hours I wore it. Frostier shades like Pink Glisten faded around three hours and seemed a little drier than some of the creamier shades like Raspberry Pink, which didn’t start fading until the fourth hour but never felt dry. The only downside is that some of these don’t apply as smoothly or evenly as I’d like–they can sink into some lip lines a bit, but I didn’t find it all that noticeable when I looked in the mirror (just super up-close!).
They have a very wet, glistening look — it’s not quite glossy, definitely more glistening to me. I also don’t think these are like MAC Slimshines, despite both brands being owned by the same parent company and the packaging looking awfully similar (I checked, too — similar but not identical). Slimshines felt creamier with more slip, a bit more moisturizing, but I found they faded within two hours or so. Lip Shines don’t have the slip-factor, which I think makes them hang on a bit longer. I feel like these are a combination of Chanel Rouge Coco and MAC Slimshines–so it’s a formula that can stand on its own. These are scent-free and taste-free as far as I could detect!
My favorite shades were Pink Glisten and Raspberry Pink, with Nectarine in third (a little more orange than I like for myself). I was excited to write about these, and I would have totally had this up sooner if it wasn’t finals week for me!
There are twelve shades in total, so the other six shades from the range are: Brownie Nude (warm brown), Desert Rose (rose nude), Papaya (bright pink coral), Plumberry (deep plum), Rosy (warm pink brown), and Sunset Bronze (warm bronze).
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you love lightweight, semi-sheer to semi-opaque color that’s moisturizing without requiring reapplicatiion every hour, I think you may find these to your liking.
See more photos & swatches!
Bobbi Brown Lip Shines: Maple, Berry, Moonlight Rose, Raspberry Pink, Pink Glisten, Nectarine
Bobbi Brown Lip Shines: Nectarine, Pink Glisten, Raspberry Pink, Moonlight Rose, Berry, Maple
Bobbi Brown Lip Shines: Nectarine, Pink Glisten, Raspberry Pink
Bobbi Brown Lip Shines: Moonlight Rose, Berry, Maple
Bobbi Brown Nectarine Lip Shine
Bobbi Brown Pink Glisten Lip Shine
Bobbi Brown Raspberry Pink Lip Shine
Bobbi Brown Moonlight Rose Lip Shine
Bobbi Brown Berry Lip Shine
Bobbi Brown Maple Lip Shine