Bobbi Brown Black Velvet Look
Here’s a quick look I did using some of the new shades from Bobbi Brown’s Black Velvet Collection! 🙂 I wish the photos turned out better, because I actually liked how this look worked out in the end! It was this peek of smoky eyes that wasn’t overwhelming but not quite subtle either!
I’m so mad — my favorite foundation, Guerlain Parure Gold, is now too dark for me! Here’s hoping that #02 matches… love that foundation so much!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Bobbi Brown Black Berry Eyeshadow (blackened burgundy), Bobbi Brown Black Velvet Eyeshadow (glittery blackened purple), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Bobbi Brown Black Plum Eye Kohl (dark plum), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation (03), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Rock & Republic Tease Blush (cool pink)
- Lips: Bobbi Brown Black Chocolate Lip Gloss (sheer burgundy)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Black Berry eyeshadow on the lower third of the lid patted horizontally above the upper lash line. Lightly blend Black Velvet eyeshadow across the lid and slightly above the crease with the 239. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Black Plum on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Tease blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Black Chocolate lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!