Benefit Sunday Funday Palette Review, Photos, Swatches
Sunday Funday… on Thursday!
Benefit Sunday Funday Palette ($38.00) features Hoola (0.1 oz., mining bronzing powder), Benetint (0.09 oz. rose-tinted lip & cheek stain), Shimmering Rose (0.18 oz., lip shine), Toasty (0.01 oz., eyeliner), four eyeshadows (0.10 oz. each), and two double-sided miniature-sized brushes. This is a companion palette to Scene Queen. Sunday Funday was created by Maggie Ford Danielson–the daughter of Jean Ford, one of Benefit’s co-founders–who is also one of Benefit’s makeup trend artists.
“Sunday Fun Day is all about pulling together a fresh, fabulous look after a late night. Whether you were up watching movies or dancing ’til dawn, this kit has the prettiest eyeshadows and complexion essentials to make you look beautifully revived…just in time for brunch. Waiter, coffee and mimosas, please!” —Maggie Ford Danielson, Benefit Makeup Trend Artist
- Hoola is a neutral-toned medium-dark bronzer with a nearly matte finish.
- Benetint is a very natural stain and one of Benefit’s iconic products. It leaves just the tiniest flush behind.
- Shimmering Rose is a semi-sheer pinky gloss with gold shimmer. It looks rather melon-y in the tube, but it brought out a lot of the pink in my lips.
- Shimmering Bronze is a softened bronze with a low warmth to it; for a bronze, it’s really not overly warm. Slight sheen, not too frosty, and nicely pigmented.
- Pink Satin is a light pink with subtle peach tones–not a true pink, but not really peach, either. I could see this as a nice all-over lid color.
- Light Champagne is a light yellow gold with a frosty sheen.
- Pretty in Plum is a red-toned, medium plum purple with a satin sheen.
- Toasty is a medium-dark brown with just a hint of warmth.
These palettes are an excellent way to try out Benefit products without blowing your budget. Sunday Funday gives you plenty of product, and it’s definitely a nice, all-in-one palette. I love that the lipgloss is packaged in a tube–you can tote it around with you later on, but you also don’t have to worry about it getting dust or eyeshadow in it, either. The eyeshadows were very smooth, buttery, and pigmented–they felt just like Benefit’s single eyeshadows. I think this particular mix of colors also works really well together; nothing feels out of place here.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 10/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you’re a palette kind of beauty buff, Sunday Funday is a new favorite for me. It makes sense, so you can travel with it and not worry about combining it with other products for a complete look.
See more photos & swatches!
Shimmering Bronze, Pink Satin, Light Champagne, Pretty in Plum
Toasty Eyeliner / Shimmering Rose Lip Shine
CORALista, Hoola, Dallas
Shimmering Rose Lip Shine
Shimmering Rose Lip Shine