You know what’s fun? When I started to create my autumn wishlist, I thought it would be neat to go back and see what I was drooling over during summer–and see how much actually made it into my stash.
From my first summer temptations set: Clinique Almost Powder and Ojon Tawaka “The Ball.” From my second set: MAC Electroflash products (still don’t love MES), MAC Dainty Mineral Blush, MAC Studio Tint SPF15, and Kiehl’s Brightening Mask. Finally, from my third set: most comfortable shoes ever aka Nike “Free Prima” Mary Janes, Philosophy Purity Made Simple, and MAC Colour Forms Powder in Suncentered.
Not bad, I would say. I snatched up a few items I longed for, but I resisted a fair amount, too! I gotta tell you, those Nikes are amazing. I keep meaning to get a second pair, actually. I want to stock up in case they get discontinued, as things I love often do.
There are twelve products that I’m just dying to try this fall! Have you tried any of these? Help me stay clear of poor products, and make it easier for me to succumb to the ones that are worth it. What are your fall cravings?
- Laura Mercier Lip Velvet ($22.00) looks like a sexy liquid lipstick formula. Something about Cassis speaks to me! It’s supposed to be a moisturizing, long-wearing lip color. It also has plumping ingredients, which I don’t mind so long as they’re subtle and don’t sting!
- Guerlain “Meteorites” Travel Touch ($50.00) is a smaller version of Guerlain’s coveted Meteorites. The only one available (from what I could tell) is Mythic, which is one I have in pressed form, and love. It’s very subtle, though, so it’s hard to spend another $50 on it.
- Lancome ‘La Base Pro’ Perfecting Makeup Primer ($42.00) makes me curious to see how Lancome’s face primer performs. I’m really trying to get into more primers lately, so I’d love to try this!
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate ($85.00) has always gotten rave reviews. I just started trying out my first Kate Somerville product (her Oil-Free Moisturizer), and obviously, I want to try out her much-coveted exfoliating treatment.
- Yves Saint Laurent “Rouge Volupte” Lipstick ($34.00) pretty much speaks for itself. Do you see that packaging? Something about it just draws my eye to it. Don’t know if I could bring myself to buy it just for the packaging, though.
- NARS Body Glow Set ($98.00) is something I have been tempted by for ages. I’m not usually a bronzer/tanner kind of person, but I seriously want this so bad. I just imagine looking super hot on a night out. Sigh!
- Givenchy Phenomen’Eyes Mascara ($27.00) is a seriously funky looking mascara, right? So of course, that means I’d love to try it out and see just how fabulous it can be.
- Calvin Klein Runway Radiance Illuminating Cream ($25.00) is supposedly a light-diffusing and long-wearing cream. I loved MAC Strobe Cream and what it did for me, and I’m intrigued by the Golden Glow version of this.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Liquid Airbrush ($45.00) is always a temptation, because Kevyn Aucoin is such an industry legend. I’ve never tried any of his makeup line, but it’s definitely something I’m considering!
- Nude Skincare Intense Moisture Mask ($60.00) is a brand I first was introduced to on my trip to Barneys in Las Vegas. I’m curious to see whether it outperforms less expensive skincare products. I’m always drawn in by masks, because you can never have enough of those!
- Ojon Detox Recovery Cleanser ($24.00) is a cleanser formulated to help deep clean hair, to rid it of hard-water minerals, chlorine, styling products, etc. I’m trying to get more into hair care, and if I do, I’ll definitely need a deeper cleanser from time to time.
- Fekkai Coiff Defense ($25.00) will help protect against any heated tools I use on my hair, should I ever learn how to use tools well enough to style my hair.