A Look of Great Experimentation: My Face as a Test Site!
Bright Makeup: Just Playin’ Around
I wanted to test out some new products I purchased, so I figured perhaps I’d try to create a coherent look rather than have ten different new products in various places on my face with no rhyme or reason! I mostly wanted to test out Tarina Tarantino’s eyeshadows in practice, rather than just swatched, and I bought Sweetzer (green) and Peacock Pearl (blue).
Naturally, they called to be used in a tropical-ish kind of look. (I find these easier to do, too, since it’s my default bright look–SO it would be an easy test for the eyeshadows.) I’ll review the eyeshadows separately and in full from this look, but I did have trouble blending the TT eyeshadows into the whole look, unfortunately!
I wouldn’t have worn this look out, because the application wasn’t up to par — I had some blending issues, which I thought might occur, but I thought I’d show you what happens kind of behind-the-scenes, as it were, when it comes to testing out new products. I do plan to review everything that was new and tested in this look, so be on the look out!
Products I was testing…
- Tarina Tarantino Eyeshadows
- Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner
- Tokidoki Glitter Eyeliner
- Guerlain Blonde Halee Bronzer
- Korres Lipstick
- Dior Ultra Gloss
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Golden Lemon Pigment (yellowed gold), MAC Lucky Green Eyeshadow (golden green), Tarina Tarantino Sweetzer Eyeshadow (grassy green), Tarina Tarantino Peacock Pearl Eyeshadow (shimmery blue), MAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow (green-gold), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Tokidoki Mostro Perfetto Eyeliner (yellow-green), Tokidoki Rondine Brillante Glitter Eyeliner (blue), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer (Bodyguard), Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
- Cheeks: Guerlain Blonde Halee Terracotta Bronzer (bronze)
- Lips: Korres #45 Coral Lipstick (coral), Dior Apricot Cloche Ultra Gloss Pearl (apricot coral)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Golden Lemon pigment as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 239 and water-based mixing medium. Using the 239, apply Lucky Green eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Sweetzer eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Peacock Pearl eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly tap and brush Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Rondine eyeliner on the lower lash line and Mostro eyeliner on the upper lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Blonde Halee bronzer to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply #45 lipstick first, and then layer Apricot Cloche lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!