Florida vs. Her Blooming Cheek vs. Full Fuchsia
MAC Tartan Tale: Comparison Swatches
Here are some comparison swatches for obvious and/or most requested dupes.
- Her Blooming Cheek: The best dupe would be Azalea, which I don’t own so I’m not able to swatch it. Full Fuchsia is noticeably different in undertone, while Florida is similar but is a touch more purple.
- My Highland Honey: Utterly Game is a touch darker, Peaches a touch darker as well — but they’re both similar, especially when worn. Melba is too dark.
- Deepest Wish: A little browner than Media, but very similar to Kittenish.
- Cut-a-Caper: It’s quite similar to discontinued Funshine, and it’s a little less orange and sheerer than Jazzed.
- Courting Lilac: Similar to Aristocat, but the latter has more berry to it, while the former is definitely lilac.
- The Faerie Glen: It’s a sheerer, slightly lighter version of Cherish; not like Freckletone at all.
- Radiant Jewels: It looks exactly like Creme Allure.
See more swatches!
The Spring Season: Warmer Nudes Lipstick Wrap-up
I’m partial to warmer nudes myself, and I discovered several new favorites through the Spring Season–I hope you did, too! One reason I love doing end-of-series roundups is because it gives me an opportunity to see if there are good dupes for certain shades.
- For instance, #7 (Guerlain Guerlinade) is a new favorite nude for me, and the closest dupe here is #12 (MAC Freckletone), but it’s not quite there.
- On the other hand, #9 (Korres #34 Nude) and #14 (MAC Touch) have similar coloring but different textures.
- #8 (Julie Hewett Simone) is a pinker, more pigmented version of #2 (Chanel Mythic). #10 (Lancome Rich Cashmere) seems similar to #11 (MAC Cherish).
- #3 (Cle de Peau #103) seems like a cross between #9 (Korres #34 Nude) and #12 (MAC Freckletone).
- Benefit Sugar Cookie Lipstick
- Chanel Mythic Lipstick
- Cle de Peau #103 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Guerlain Barbara Rouge G Le Brilliant Lipstick
- Guerlain Forever Beige Lipstick
- Guerlain Gardenia Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Guerlinade Rouge G Lipstick
- Julie Hewett Simone Lipstick
- Korres #34 Nude Guava Lipstick
- Lancome Rich Cashmere Lipstick
- MAC Cherish Lipstick
- MAC Freckletone Lipstick
- MAC Honeyflower Lipstick
- MAC Touch Lipstick
- Maybelline Caramel Kiss Lipstick
Kinda Sexy, Speak Louder; Crosswires, On Hold; MAC Red, Brave Red
MAC Cosmetics Lipstick Swatches, Part 2
Here is part two! See the rest of the lipsticks!
I decided I wanted to play with some of my new goodies I’m testing out right now! You know how I was a bit disappointed in Bobbi Brown’s Nude & Lip palette? Well, Dior’s Goldfever Quint was much more up my alley. Given, they’re frostier and shimmery shadows compared to the BB palette, I was able to create an actual LOOK out of it! Plus, the soft white gold? Divine.
I used MAC Soft Ochre paint pot on lid, Dior Goldfever Quint center shadow on inner lid, Dior Goldfever Quint bottom left shadow on middle of lid, Dior Goldfever Quint top right shadow on outer lid, Dior Goldfever Quint top left shadow on outer crease, Dior Goldfever Quint bottom right shadow on outer crease and lid, and MAC Black Funk/Pop Blue dual edge liner on lower lash line. I had MAC Brun eyeshadow to fill in brows and MAC Plushblack plushlash mascara on lashes. I wore MAC True Romantic blush with Guerlain Mythic Parfait Pressed Meteorites on cheeks. I had MAC Cherish lipstick (like Fleshpot) with MAC Style Minx lipglass on my lips.