5 Minute Makeup: Neutrals with Urban Decay’s Naked Palette
The Way It was MEANT to Be: So Neutral!
Okay, so I’m pretty the Urban Decay Naked Palette was designed with neutral looks in mind, not so much the ultra smoky look I did yesterday. So this neutral look follows that smokier look up as a quick, work-safe alternative made easy by that palette.
Happy weekend everyone!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Virgin Eyeshadow (light champagne beige), Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow (matte medium brown), Urban Decay Darkhorse Eyeshadow (dark chocolate brown), MAC Grain Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Whiskey 24/7 Liner (red-brown), Bobbi Brown Denim Extreme Party Mascara (blue)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Chanel Plum Attraction Blush (deep plum)
- Lips: Chanel Emotive (#68) Rouge Allure Lipstick (red-wine), Urban Decay Perversion Lip Junkie (purple-gray)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 208 (thin, angled brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Naked eyeshadow into the crease with the 226 and feather above the natural crease until it fades. Next, apply Virgin eyeshadow all over the lower lid with the 239. Define the crease with Darkhorse eyeshadow using the 219, and then lightly blend Naked eyeshadow softly over it with the 226. Blend Grain eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Whiskey liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Plum Attraction blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Emotive lipstick first, and then layer Perversion lip junkie for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!