5 Easy Ways to Look Festive for the Season
Maybe you’re heading to a party after work or you’re pressed for time, but there are still ways to incorporate these festive products with little time and effort. Thanks to reader Lisa for today’s idea!
- Glitter Nail Lacquer — most glitter polishes are best when used to layer over existing polish, so a quick coat of one will jazz up nails (or help make an existing manicure look fresh); pictured above is Zoya Electra
- Red Lipstick — most reds are long-wearing, so they’re great to add bold, festive color and will last well through parties/meals; pictured above is MAC Russian Red
- Glittery/Shimmer Lipgloss — my personal favorites are all within Bobbi Brown’s High Shimmer range; pictured is Firefly, a very cool-toned, iridescent shade, and another favorite is Canary, which is lots and lots of gold sparkle. Alone or layered, they add instant glitz with very little work; plus, they’re easy to reapply
- Glitter Eyeliner — the best kind to use in a pinch is liquid, because they come with an applicator and are less prone to fall out; if you have more time, Lit Cosmetics does excellent glitter and adhesive
- Transformative Powders — these duochrome (sometimes tri-chrome almost!) powders can be patted on top of existing makeup to add a flash of iridescent sheen and transform your look