Earth Eyeshadow Duo
2nd Love Baked Powders Collection: Eyeshadow Duos
Currently, 2nd Love has six variations of the eyeshadow duos ($9.00 each for 5.4g/0.19 oz.). These all have the same quality and feel as the rest of the 2nd Love product range. They’re smooth, soft, and pigmented. The colors feel like velvet, and they blend easily. They can be used wet or dry, depending on the intensity and kind of application you want.
- Earth is a combination of silvery-white and subdued brown.
- Amethyst is a combination of pale pink with soft silver shimmer and a dirty mauve-berry.
- Go Green is a duo featuring a gray-green with gold sheen/shimmer and a soft brown with green-gold shimmer. This was my favorite of the six, just because it seemed so multifaceted.
- Starry Night is a mix of lilac with soft cool-toned sheen and a purple-blue with violet sheen. (It’s definitely more of a purple than a blue shade.)
- Sandstone is a combination of a lightly warmed up bronze and a golden beige.
- Solar is a duo of bright silver with shimmer-sheen and a rich, dark black with a bit of multicolored shimmer.
Compared to MAC: Similar in feel and texture, though these all were pigmented for me, and none of them were glittery or overly shimmery. I’ve found some of the MAC mineralize eyeshadow duos can be too frosty or have gritty glitter that puts me off. These are also flatter colors, and by that I mean that you’ll see a silver base color with silver shimmer or a purple base with purple shimmer/sheen. You won’t see a purple with gold shimmer or things of that variety–at least not yet. Of course, these are also cheaper — $9.00 each for 5.4g/0.19 oz. as compared to $19.00 for 2.5g/0.08 oz.
Check out product photos and swatches…
Amethyst Eyeshadow Duo
Go Green Eyeshadow Duo
Starry Night Eyeshadow Duo
Sandstone Eyeshadow Duo
Solar Eyeshadow Duo
Go Green; Starry Night; Sandstone